Wednesday, October 8, 2014

The Message

The message was strong and the words came with clout.
You must change. Stop your sin. You must cut it out!
The world pulls you in, you stink of its sin, God says be holy, its true!
The message was clear, but without ears to hear, the people said , This will not do!
Lighten up about sin, talk softly and then maybe we will listen to you.
Its not very nice to speak of our vice and make us feel bad for the things that we do.
Tell us of love and of heaven above, but not about hell and the fire.
You never will reach our ears if you preach a message against our desires.

I cannot said the voice. Overcome! Make your choice, be true to the claims of God.
Stand apart from the crowd, take your cross, live out loud, do not be afraid to be odd.
How dare you speak out, close your mouth,  hush your voice.
I will do what I want, Its my life and my choice!
Your message needs sweetened, it burns on our ears.
Tune your message to us and we’ll give you a cheer.

But I can’t change the message. I speak what I've heard.
When God says to speak, I must speak His Word.
I give warning, take heed. God is love, that is true.
But he also takes seriously the sin that you do.
He won’t take your sin along with your soul.
He wants you holy, made clean, made whole.
You seem to think I am cramping your style.
 But God is coming in just a little while.

Suddenly a trumpet was heard to blare,
people were separated, some here, and some there.
The Heavens  were opened and God did appear.
To the sheep of his flock the Lord said Come here.
The goats were cast out in the sulfurous air
They complained to the Lord, let us in, its not fair.

Oh yes said the Lord, My justice is true.
You made fun of the preacher that I sent to you.
I warned you of sin, and called you to turn.
If you refused,  you were told that you’d burn.
To those who may read this, the message is clear.
When God gives a message, be careful to hear.
-----------------------------------------------------------

He who has ears to hear, let him hear.